Re: [OM] Locationally unchallenged

Subject: Re: [OM] Locationally unchallenged
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 14:39:20 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Whoa!  You're not thinking of having a computer access GPS and use it for
navigation for a driverless car, are you?  Let's see how well that has worked.

     Boeing is looking at a dark tunnel at the end of the light after having
the flight computer in two Max-8's take over the pitch control, killing about
350 people.

     Toyota was in deep brown stuff years ago due to their computer taking
control of the brakes.

     Radars in cars connect to the computer which connects to the brakes,
relieving the driver of developing the ability and skill to use the mirrors
that the rest of us have used for over a century.

     Having a computer control anything except a fuel injector does not make me
comfortable.  I even prefer the old Volkswagen hydro-pneumatic fuel injector
over these computerised ones.  It just didn't work well inverted.

>Thanks Chris yet not accurate enough for my purposes I’m afraid.
>
>3 metres means you hit and ran over that pedestrian ….
>
>I’ll wait for the russians to allow me access to their system …
>
>Or the EU’s?
>
>What do you think?

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson