Re: [OM] (no subject)

Subject: Re: [OM] (no subject)
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 08:23:39 -0500
> Poor Moose, caught on the horns of a dilemma - if he points this out then
> he's straight into "you take such nice pictures, you must have a good
> camera" territory ;)

I wasn't going there. Certainly not. Ahem. Well, uh, (whistle), yeah.

Tell you one thing, though. When used at base ISO and with contrast
range within check (or using the HDR function), the camera in my
Samsung Note 3 is astonishingly good. At higher ISO and with awkward
lighting, it's toast, though. I've found another issue with it,
lately. The ability to capture true colors at higher ISO settings is
completely lost on it. I discovered this with selfie photographs with
my rainbow shoelaces.

But to your point, yes, I think that Moose is misapplying his bias
about the iPhone5 camera based on the person's lack of post-production
prowess, not on the camera itself.

AG