Re: [OM] OT: Home laser printer

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Home laser printer
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 03:24:09 +1300
Peter wrote

>>> I am contemplating buying a black and white home laser printer.  Our
>>> vintage 1994 HP Deskjet 500 finally died.  I think I got my money's worth
>>> out of that one.  :-)  So I turn to the infinite-seeming knowledge base of
>>> this group.

My main printer is a 1995 HP Laserjet 5L. I've printed many thousands of pages
with it and
replaced the drum once. I don't mind the  HP software.

To my mind, the 600 dpi resolution is just great, and the main advantage of
laser-powder
images is that they don't degrade if the paper gets wet. The print is
water-proof.

I also have an HP psc 1200 series 1.0 (32-32) which I run using Irfanview to
call up, and the
HP software then shows up does the scanning very well.  I don't use the printer
as I have no
call to print normal documents in colour.

I don't know what HP laser-jets are available now, but the old ones have
performed very well.

Brian Swale

---
is active.