Re: [OM] IMG: Automotive Design

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Automotive Design
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 13:22:23 -0400
Yup, I used to own two of them attached to one of these
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:1940_Ford_DeLuxe_convertible_rear.JPG>
But the color of mine was closer to this
<http://farm9.static.flickr.com/8455/7985792752_86913ca1fe.jpg>

It was the first car I ever owned.  Since I needed to drive to school my
dad bought it for me for $125 in 1959 just before I turned 16.  I drove
it from California to Texas in 1964, sold it for $200 and used exactly
that amount of money to buy a '57 DeSoto that looked just like this.
<http://www.worldwide-auctioneers.com/photos/46/124/4.jpg>
Not long after I sold the Ford it was stolen from the guy who bought it.
  Last I heard it had been recovered somewhere in Kansas.  I don't think
I'd want the Ford back but the DeSoto was a nice machine.

I never owned a camera when I had the Ford so there are no pictures of
it.  I did (and still own) my first camera (a Petri 7s) when I had the
DeSoto but I don't think there are any pictures of it either.  But there
could be.