Re: [OM] Circ Pols

Subject: Re: [OM] Circ Pols
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 19:04:53 -0500
OK, this one gets filed in the Minolta folder.  I thought the metering
was good but I didn't realize it's smarter than me. :-)

I also used the A1 in event photography although I kept it at ISO 100
and poured on lots of flash from studio units on the sidelines with a
Sunpak 422 in the hot shoe or on a bracket.  I depended heavily on the
huge depth of field.  It was impossible to focus in the dark but when
set at f/5.6 and focused at 4 feet (and taped in place) you from a bit
less than 2 feet to infinity.  Even at 50mm equivalent you get from
5-1/2 feet to infinity when focused at 11 feet.  Dance floors are
generally so dark that I would generally get more in-focus shots than
the guy shooting beside me with a 20D.  In fact, it was hard to miss. :-)

Chuck Norcutt