Re: [OM] Archival slide storage

Subject: Re: [OM] Archival slide storage
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgonzalezgentile@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 23:06:35 -0200
Terrible :-(

The Ektachrome (those like the David at Firenze) have been in Carousel
since 1991, no air conditioned but neither in closets; rather, in
shelves. Montevideo is humid, but not exactly in the woods.
My Kodachrome from the 80s are in dusty cardboard boxes, but not in
closets but on shelves.
Have a box full of Kodachrome my father did. Hundreds. Processed in
the USA by Kodak during 1980. Kept in their yellow cardboard boxes, on
shelves, since then. Should take a look, when in the mood.
Of course, have Agfa from the 70s done by my mother in boxes too,
grainy and washed out. Should look again, no fungi AFAIK.

So far, Provia and Velvia since 2002 are inside tight plastic boxes.

Fernando.