[OM] Re: Funky little cameras [was Back to film!]

Subject: [OM] Re: Funky little cameras [was Back to film!]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 02:55:42 -0700
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> The closest I've got to Holgaising an image is by playing silly buggers withg
> the lens on a decent body. Thus a Holga lens/cap on a 5D
That's not working for me so far.
>  or a funky Kodak accessory tele lens on the front of a Zuiko 25mm (it just
> happened to be 43mm!) But that's sort of cheat I think.

Think of it as less a cheat; more like an alternative approach to
non-traditional photograpy. ;-)
> I'm hoping to happen upon something in the 2-3mp range with a truly woeful
> lens.
By the time they got to that resolution, the name brands had good
lenses. You might have to stick something in front of the lens. Even
apparent junk like the 1.9 MP (yeah, I know what the chart says) Argus
DC-3185 aren't bad enough without help.
<http://www.thegeekpub.com/Home/ArticleView/tabid/59/selectmoduleid/376/ArticleID/10/reftab/56/Default.aspx>
> ... Failing that I'll dumpster dive for old early didges and stick something
> on the front of those perhaps.
> I do like the VistaQuest though - I may go look for one of those.
> <http://www.camerahacker.com/VistaQuest/VQ1005.shtml>

Still made, or at least available new, last time I looked.
> - it's better than the other keyring cams I've seen,
But still "bad". It seemed to me the best mix of features, performance
and price for the intended purpose.Take a look at some others with image
samples. <http://www.thegeekpub.com/Reviews/tabid/56/Default.aspx>
> like the L'Espion I saw today. Didn't buy that because it lacked charm.

Looks like another rebranding of the ubquitous mini keychain camera, AKA
FunkyCam.

Moose