[OM] Tam-Tok 80-200/2.8 lenses [was camera hoarding]

Subject: [OM] Tam-Tok 80-200/2.8 lenses [was camera hoarding]
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 20:11:38 -0400
Thanks much, ?Moose.
Understand the differences much better.? Suspect the 86 buck deal is unusual,
but 30% lighter sounds good if the optics are comparable.? I also have a Z.
50-250 for a light kit in that range, but it is tough to hand hold 'cept in
very good light and most often use it at hyperfocal distance as the bokeh can
be?a?tad harsh.? Suppose I should try and process my way out of the latter, as
long as I can muster a fraction of your finesse.
Mike

The Tokina is 30% lighter and feels smaller, perhaps agile is the word,
although it's essentially the same size. Except for the tripod mount,
which is much smaller and a far better design. Mine is not creep free,
but better than the Tammy.

The Tokina hood is plastic and looks like it would survive far less
abuse than the massive metal one on the Tamron. Both are bayonet mount.

Moose