[OM] Re: The rattlesnake

Subject: [OM] Re: The rattlesnake
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 17:55:46 -0400
Coral snakes are actually fairly docile.  Of course, one would not
expect docile behavior after being stepped on.  But the last coral snake
bite that I have direct knowledge of was a bite delivered to one of two
young boys after they had been playing with and handling the snake for
about 1/2 hour.  The thing to watch out for in the Palmetto scrub is the
Eastern Diamondback.

Chuck Norcutt