[OM] Re: My Very 1st Wedding

Subject: [OM] Re: My Very 1st Wedding
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 12:45:32 -0400
An assistant is very good news if you have to shoot this yourself.  The
first point is that you can easily use a reflector if desired and
dispense with any notion of fill flash which is difficult to do well
with your cameras in full sun.  You can use something as simple as a
20x30" piece of white foam core board which can be had for as little as
$1 at craft stores like AC Moore and J. Michaels.  Only white at that
low price but that's what you want.  But a piece of yellow or gold can
also be used to impart a nice golden glow to the skin like sunrise or
sunset... but use gold sparingly.  It can be overbearing.

If you want to splurge with something bigger and more professional
looking (better for two or more people) you could get something like
this.  You really only need the white one and not the 5-in-1 variety but
they're getting hard to find in just a single white.
<http://cgi.ebay.com/5-in-1-Multi-Surface-Reflective-Panel-40x60-New-RF1150_W0QQitemZ190204140529QQihZ009QQcategoryZ30082QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem>

The white reflector in these kits may have both solid and translucent
such that they can also be used as flash or sunlight diffusers.  The
silver produces a harsher and contrastier light, the gold makes it look
like sunrise or sunset and the black can be used to absorb rather than
reflect light.

You may need a lesson in how to fold these collapsible reflectors but
once you'll get the hang of it soon enough.

Chuck Norcutt