[OM] Return of my 12-60 from repair

Subject: [OM] Return of my 12-60 from repair
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 19:02:03 -0400
A week last Friday my 12-60 was dropped off at the photo dealer from which
it came for shipment to Olympus, Canada [in Toronto I presume] for a
makeover stemming from the Olympus recall notice.

Today I got a call from the dealer to collect the lens ............. a brand
new replacement no less. The serial number is quite a bit higher than the
one I handed in.

The dealer said up front that the turnaround time would be quick and
definitely less than two weeks.

Today, the dealer told me that the word from Olympus was that not to
disappoint a customer who might otherwise have been kept waiting longer than
the quick turnaround time promised a brand new replacement lens would be in
order.

The auto focus on the returned lens was somewhat sluggish and sometimes the
images were out of focus. The auto focus of the replacement lens is much
faster.

Perhaps I got a dud lens originally and Olympus has done the right thing.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

John Hudson