[OM] Re: E-500 senior picture

Subject: [OM] Re: E-500 senior picture
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 09:26:04 -0400
Here's my exposure fix, Bob.  Too bad it wasn't raw mode as there's a
little bit of posterization evident in the histogram after the exposure
fix.  May not be visible in the print though.  If I were to do it over
again (not hard) I'd probably try leaving the background as dark as the
original to hide it a bit.  I'm not a fan of the bars extending out of
her head but that would be tougher (though not impossible) to fix.

Chuck Norcutt

LostKase wrote:

> My sons' girlfriend asked me to take her senior pictures late in May.
> I was still pretty unfamiliar with my E500 but I gave it a go. I was
> still shooting jpeg like an idiot, but I was particulary proud of
> this grab shot as we headed in for dinner. I saw this mural on a
> nearby wall and had her pose. It was handheld in fading light and
> isn't as sharp as I'd like but she was happy with it. I've got a lot
> to learn.
>
> http://www.bellsouthpwp.net/l/o/lostkase/wall.jpg
>
> I played with levels,saturation and unsharp mask a little. I had shot
> it on vivid color which was a little too strong. It's nice to have a
> good subject who isn't camera shy. I like the 40-150mm kit lens, and
> seem to shoot with it the most.
>
> Bob
>
>  --------------------------------- Yahoo! Music Unlimited - Access
> over 1 million songs.Try it free.