[OM] OT Epson 4180 review

Subject: [OM] OT Epson 4180 review
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 10:56:55 +0000
Dear All

I have scanned the 3 pages of a review that Amateur Photographer has
carried out on the Epson 4180 flatbed scanner.  I have made it into a
.pdf file and it is sitting here:

http://www.threeshoes.co.uk/temp/Eps4180_review.pdf

[n.b. the name has an underscore between the zero and the "review".]

The reviewer gives it a reasonable score (84%), qualifying her verdict
with mutterings about focus on film not held properly flat and about
the slide holder (misnomer); but she also writes that it is a
reasonable performer for newcomers to digitising film.  The dust and
scratch removal seems to work reasonably, but the best thing for me
would be the ability to scan three 6x4.5 frames at before having to
raise the lid and realign the film.

She loses my vote as a reviewer for a moment because she uses "loose"
instead of "lose"; so many people are unaware of this distinction that
I cannot be sure that it is only a typing error ... it's tough to be a
stickler!

This is the first time I have put a file for download on threeshoes,
please let me know if any snags arise ...

Chris

<|_:-)_|>
C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.