Re: [OM] Hints for Kodan Technical Pan film?

Subject: Re: [OM] Hints for Kodan Technical Pan film?
From: "Dizel" <webmaster@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 21:17:28 +0100
> I plan to try the Kodak Technical Pan film soon with my OM gear.

Why?  Agfa APX 25, may her beloved body rest in peace, was five-fold
cheaper and maybe a bit sharper than TP. Others have similar
experience:
http://www.kosara.net/photo/apx25vstp.html
Nowadays, I prefer Efke KB 25 to Tech Pan - TP is for example
very sensitive to changes in agitation - more so than any B&W film
I ever used. Also, when you develop TP in Rodinal 1+200 (as I did),
even small changes in type of (distilled !) water used can lead
to substantially different results. Someone gave following recipe:

"Try rating Tech pan at 6 ASA (yes, six) and dev in Rodinal 1:200,
20 C, 16 minutes. Use 6 ml of Rodinal and make up to 1200 ml - I
use a 4 reel tank to ensure that the dev does not become exhausted.
Four inversions in the first 30 seconds then one inversion per
minute after that."

This may work better. But, as you see, I am not a TP fan and recommend
you EfkeInstead :))

> Klaus (who doesn't have a driving license ;)

Stanislaw, who has a 1977' Yamaha XS 360 and MAY start discussion
about classical Japanese twins when provoked.. :))))))))0

Good light to you
--
                                St.
               (XS360 Diesel - Sampo Lappelil, ŹliMC)