[OM] Filters on all the time?

Subject: [OM] Filters on all the time?
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 09:50:55 +1300
Hi Jonathan

What I usually do is keep a UV filter on until I am ready to take a photo and
have control of the situation.  Then I take it off and put a lens hood on.

Where there's a chance that I could fall (through walking through uneven
terrain) or the lens could be scratched through branches or whatever, I'll
often
leave the UV filter on. It also keeps all kinds of dust etc off too.

A lot depends on where I am and the general potential hazard circumstances.

Brian