Re: [OM] getting the collector disease...

Subject: Re: [OM] getting the collector disease...
From: "Bernd Moeller" <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 17:12:23 +0200
Hi Stephan,

> 2 very strange ads...

Yeah, we have seen a couple of them recently.

>Is zuikoholism turning leicaphiliac...(oups new word...)

Well, in the life of a zuikoholic there must be a point where he has all the OM
items that ever were made. And the the most natural thing would be to start
collecting Leicas.

> What do you think of these two items...?

> - customisation (I would like the gold one with a cobra skin...)

I don't think it's the gold one. It is just the yellow cast of a light bulb.
The white writing on the body and the lens caps have the same yellow cast.

> - number fetishism...
> Do those things take picture ?

Yes, they do, if they are in working order. If I am not wrong, then the 1 mio
OM-2 has already been on ebay a couple of weeks ago.

> Stephan (from Brussels... and therefore not so good in English)

Well, all we list members from non-english speaking countries have to struggle
with this. But don't be shy -the english-speaking members are very forgiving
here.

>( By the way I have an Om1n with a XXXX999 n°... )

Nice. Try to sell it on evilbay. ;-) (don't!)

Best regards

Bernd Möller