[OM] TMZ base density?

Subject: [OM] TMZ base density?
From: Dylan <dsut4392@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 17:33:19 +1100
I shot off my first roll of Tmax3200 at the Olympic gymnastics (using my
2sp and asoorted lenses including the 500/8 zuiko) and only got around
to developing it recently. I was surprised to find that although the
pictures are well  exposed and sharp, the base of the negative is almost
opaque. Is Tmax always like this or did I do something wrong? I
developed in Rodinal using the low dilution times and conditions, but
used old fixer (opened a couple of years ago and forgotten, it was all I
had left) which had started to precipitate from solution.
Any advice/comments?
Dylan