[OM] Print quality of Kodak Gold film

Subject: [OM] Print quality of Kodak Gold film
From: "Olaf Greve" <ogreve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 08:16:54 PST
Hi,

A few days ago I read a short thread about the print quality if Kodak Gold 100 ASA film.

I have just picked up two big enlargments of my "Goodnight, Amsterdam" and "Sun and Steel" pictures. The size is 50x75CM (i.e. 20"x30" - yes you're reading it correctly, it really is 20"x30" ;) ). The grain is beautiful, only from nearby can you see the grain and then it's not disturbing at all. When looking at the pictures from some 30 CM away the grain is already hardly noticeable, and we're speaking Kodakcolor Gold _200_ ASA here... Also, keep in mind that the Goodnight, Amsterdam picture was probably shot pretty much wide open, so no heavy stopping down has been done. The nice grain size (along with the true colour representation) is one of the main reasons why I like Kodakcolor Gold so much.

So, to answer the question that was posed about the print quality of Kodak Gold 100 ASA: I'd say go for it!

Cheers!
Olafo