[OM] Having fun with HDR viewing

Subject: [OM] Having fun with HDR viewing
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2024 09:36:28 +0800
Recently I'm digging into HDR video, it gives a different dimension to traditional BT.709 video. Even I have a HDR monitor for a year it was my first time using its HDR feature. After finishing my first HDR video I tried to use digital photos to create videos so that I can view my photos with wider dynamic range.

Here is the first 4K photo video I made:

Shot with Panasonic G9, Olympus 12-40/2.8 and Pan 45-150 lenses.

In Youtube:

https://youtu.be/zktJJpvs-9M

Require HDR compatible devices, like android HDR TV, iphone 12 afterward or the later iPads. Samsung S8 or later, HDR PC monitor with HDR enable and Chrome browser ...etc. Otherwise you will only see the Youtube converted non HDR version.

You may also download the original file here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X1bUnB7fO-m7pmMhUJsIxwCYYB95aLCO/view?usp=sharing

~170MB, HEVC 10bit, BT.2020 PQ

Directly play under browser will not get HDR view and the quality is poor. You have to download it and play with your HDR devices.

BTW, this is the first video I converted to HDR, shot with Panasonic G9 and 12-32:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya7ymhvBUJA&t=45s

C.H.Ling