[OM] IMG: Tallinn

Subject: [OM] IMG: Tallinn
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2024 20:26:52 +0200
At the end of May, I visited Estonia’s capital Tallinn for the first time. I
was a work trip, but I had enough time to explore the city. Estonia is a small
country but it has a rich history, and a connection to my country Denmark—our
flag, Dannebrog, supposedly fell from heaven in 1219 during a battle just
outside Tallinn. More recently, Estonia has suffered in the 20th century,
having to fight for independence from Russia after World War I, then being
occupied by the Russians for four decades after World War II. But today it is a
modern, prosperous country, member of the EU and NATO, one of the world’s most
advanced digital economies. At the same time, the medieval centre of Tallinn is
a UNESCO World Heritage Site, providing for a wonderful blend of old and new.
As usual, I also visited a contemporary art museum, conveniently located close
to my hotel. A rather large gallery from a wonderful  place is here:

https://www.greatpix.eu/Travel/Tallinn-May-2024

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx