Re: [OM] Oly 50-200mm, repairable?

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly 50-200mm, repairable?
From: Frank <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 22:05:49 +0100
I don't expect Olympus (US)/ OM System to repair *any* four-thirds lens.

Did you find their repair policy
<https://learnandsupport.getolympus.com/warranty-and-repair-procedures>? On
the repair form <https://usimaging.net/repairform>, no actual four-thirds
lenses are listed...

So make sure that reflects in what you're willing to pay.

I bought my 50-200 SWD many years ago with a very tiny scratch on the front
element for 150 euro's, and considerd that a nice deal. I don't use it that
often, but it is my favourite zoo lens ;-).

With the mmf-1 you can pair it with the mc-14 teleconverter, but
unfortunately the correct focal length is not communicated. Which means not
really usable without tripod. So still looking for an ec-14 converter.

But it is a fine lens!

Best, Frank.