[OM] IMG: La Vuelta a España 2023

Subject: [OM] IMG: La Vuelta a España 2023
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 21:49:53 +0200
There are 3 grand tours in professional cycling—the Giro d’Italia in the
spring, the Tour de France in July, and the Vuelta a España in
August/September.  Today, the 8th stage of the Vuelta passed through what I
call “my playground”, the mountains in the interior of Alicante province. As
usual, I picked a spot to watch the race that would allow for good photo
opportunities: going uphill (meaning relatively slow speed) and late in the
stage, so that the peloton would be broken up into several groups. I drove to a
bar 6 km from the penultimate mountain pass of the stage, a place which I visit
on two wheels myself, and things worked out great. I had a nice vantage point
and took a lot of photos. These are the initial serving that I particularly
liked:

https://www.greatpix.eu/Vuelta-a-Espa%C3%B1a-2023/

Tomorrow, I will climb the Carrasqueta on bicycle (unless it is raining—cycling
uphill on wet roads is OK but descending on wet curvy roads is not OK).

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx