[OM] PL 9 mm /f1.7 for MFT

Subject: [OM] PL 9 mm /f1.7 for MFT
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2023 22:00:14 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
While Nathan was busy enjoying Alicante and capturing nice images, I was out in
the back shooting our chimney and pixel peeping.

So I rented it once for astro for Marnie to try.  It is tiny and as a result
substantial vignetting.  But it is sharp wide open in the center and low coma.
I got about $100 off with an edu discount and an ongoing sale and tried one.
It is about 20% of the weight of the Sigma 20mm/1.4 DGDN, 1/2 the price and
small enough to fit in a jacket pocket.

>From the standardized chimney shots from the same location I'd very roughly
>say the corners are not as good as the Sigma relative to the center (many
>uncontrolled variables but a crude practical test) but the lens is centered
>(easier with fewer megapickles) and good enough to come along for the ride on
>our trip which only has a modest opportunity for any astro.

Mike