Re: [OM] Turrón de Alicante

Subject: Re: [OM] Turrón de Alicante
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2023 07:36:01 +0200
It is indeed made with almonds and honey. There is a lot of almond trees around
here.

Turrón de Alicante must, paradoxically, be manufactured in the nearby town of
Jijona, not in Alicante (it is a Protected Geographical Indication, similar to
Champagne or Bavarian Beer). It is widely eaten at Christmas time, but is
available year-round here.

Besides the turrón itself, it is also used as a base for ice cream and other
sweets. Here is my sister, eating turrón ice cream on the main street of Jijona
during a visit last October:

http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws/uploads/2022/40_2.jpg

Cheers,
Nathan