[OM] New LED "flash" options

Subject: [OM] New LED "flash" options
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 23:43:51 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
I had not realized that LED's can ramp up quickly.  I recall Tim saying the
phosphors used to improve the white balance are quite slow.   I saw this guy
advertised and it can be used for flash with HSS or continuous.  I think the GN
is quite low, and it does not do TTL. They are careful not to say that or give
a GN---not sure lux seems much to the average photog.  I would bet in time we
could have the best of both worlds, but I do not understand how they work.  The
recharge is essentially instant so could stack critters with high speed flash.
I think focus bracketing on Oly cams with flash have a min delay that is
looong.  Not needed with this gizmo.  The lack of TTL is a pain though.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1662941-REG/rotolight_rl_neo3_ub_neo_3_ultkimate_bundle.html

Flash Gordon, i.e. Mike