Re: [OM] New Destination?

Subject: Re: [OM] New Destination?
From: MICHAEL GORDON via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 10:45:20 -0400
Cc: MICHAEL GORDON <usher99@xxxxxxx>
Regular Nut Moose writes:

<<<Oh, phoo!

Drat, I was thinking that as have seen many images from there. Still it was a
name that tune with one note.  Odd processing or lack thereof on the MW.

 Atacama desert is great for astro but it is not a very pleasant process to
acquire images.   Accommodations— meh, altitude sickness, probably have to
sleep in car—- will take a pass. Better if age 30.  LaPalma was challenging
enough with frigid winds and switch backs with no shoulders at 4AM.  At least
slept in a nice villa with excellent coffee the next AM.
Watch Alyn Wallace for 10 minutes and you’ll get the idea.

https://youtu.be/vwQlKYr2wKY

Oddly 5 years ago or so when developed some interest in this oddball
astrolandscapes it was a peculiar rare undertaking.  Seems like it took off.  I
have a WY story for later.

Astro nuts and regular nuts happily co-reside in the same bowl, Mike