[OM] Is "Fang" Still a Thing?

Subject: [OM] Is "Fang" Still a Thing?
From: Lawrence Plummer <PlummerL@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 00:34:51 +0000
I was browsing thru Glazer's in Seattle. Making the rounds, I glanced in the
used Olympus section. To my amazement, an OM 600mm with case was sitting in the
display case. Price was $399. I moved on.

After spending the night reflecting on the lens, I finally decided to go back
and check it out. To my amazement, not only did the case appear untouched, but
the lens was as close to like-new as I've ever seen. Looking thru the lens,
there was not a single speck of anything, not even dust. I couldn't resist, I
came home with it.

Once home I made a few more observations. First, inside the case was not only
the original Olympus instruction pages, there was also the Olympus Warranty, a
pair of keys and finally there were two large packets of desiccant, with
Olympus labels. In addition, there were still a few aging open cell foam
shipping blocks. Finally, I realized there was an Olympus 100mm UV filter on
the lens, that I had not noticed in the store! The lens is absolutely unmarked,
and all the moving parts are solid. It almost looks like an unsold lens and
case!

As luck would have it, I discovered that I have both the 1-4 and 2-4 screens
that I've never used, both being highly suggested for the 600mm. In the
meantime, I put it on my OM-D E-M1 and my Sony A7Riii. Image quality appears to
be great. Now I just have to figure out how to lug it around!

Larry Plummer, Seattle