[OM] Quick Question

Subject: [OM] Quick Question
From: Willie Wonka via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 17:24:22 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
 Hi guys,
Couple of weeks ago I reported about getting a Fang, a mint, silvernosed Zuiko
24/2.8 in its original case.
It sat for two weeks, because I wanted to clean it up, before storing it away.
The lens itself is in pristine condition, but there is a rubber coating at the
bottom of the case that has begun to deteriorate forming a dust layer. So I
vacuumed it carefully, also the rest of the interior, behind the hood, etc. and
do not see any signs of mold, but am still not feeling comfortable storing the
lens back in.
Do you keep your lenses in original cases? Has anyone looked into what
percentage of the lenses infected with fungus were stored in old (faux?)
leather cases? Is it easier to develop fungus if lens kept in old lens case?
Thanks in advance.
Best
Boris