[OM] Milky Way Obscura

Subject: [OM] Milky Way Obscura
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 21:55:54 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
We set up Marnie's star trail shot first at the antique windmill near Las
Tricias as the MW core had not yet risen and a few clouds wouldn't kill the
shot.  Clearoutside app said the few low clouds would be gone by 3:30 AM when
the MW would be just above the windmill. We warmed up in the car as the Live
Composit mode on the Oly accumulated the trails.  The clouds never did vanish
as predicted and the sky was not as dark as on the plateaus near Roque de los
Muchachos.  I could not process the MW to bring out the nebulae as I think it
just was too muddy to start.  I took a foreground shot for 2 min or so with low
level lighting, but I think I reframed slightly as sky replacement in PS just
did not work!  It had worked every time for me until now.  It is not really
"cheating" as it truly is the same sky, not that it is a felony or anything.
Marnie liked the increase detail in the foreground more than this largely
silhouetted foreground, but I could not easily transfer the sky over--at
  least ran out of steam.  I wanted just a tad more detail in the windmill from
the longer exposure.  I suspect Moose may be able to manage.  It gets tricky
with complex foregrounds.
The sky is a 20 shot stack with 20 dark frames.

https://www.olyendomike.com/La-Palma-2022/i-hDRQRbM/A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR4gKQPTHEI

More skilled transplant surgeon required, Mike