[OM] IMG: the Magic Cactus is back

Subject: [OM] IMG: the Magic Cactus is back
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2022 14:54:49 +0200
We have had a wet and cold (by our standards) March and April, but towards the
end of April proper Alicante weather returned, and earlier this month, the
cactus that I inherited from my mother when she died in 2001, rewarded us with
successive bursts of flowers. It all lasted about a week—each flower usually
lasts 2-3 days, but we had a couple of waves during the week, as you can by the
dates of the photos:

https://www.greatpix.eu/The-Magic-Cactus-is-back/
<https://www.greatpix.eu/The-Magic-Cactus-is-back/>

Back in 2001, the cactus was transported by car from Copenhagen to Zurich where
I lived at the time. It moved with us to the Netherlands in 2003 and on to
Spain in 2007. During its life in Switzerland and the Netherlands it never
flowered. Clearly, the Spanish climate suits it much better.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws