Re: [OM] om4ti nostalgia

Subject: Re: [OM] om4ti nostalgia
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2022 14:27:43 -0800
On 1/28/2022 10:39 AM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
I got my hands on an OM-4Ti. I guess my memory is not what I thought. The
viewfinder is not so easy with glasses.

On 1/28/2022 11:02 AM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
I wear glasses too, and I just love the VF on my OM4Ti.

>From FAQ's esif:

https://esif.world-traveller.org/oly_faq.htm#ques_P9

"P9) What is the eye-relief like on the various OM's? How can I improve the eye
relief on my OM-4(Ti)?
        Which OM viewfinders are easy to see with glasses on?
        That is, which OM cameras have relatively long eye relief
        (high eyepoint)?  None of them is comparable to the Nikon F3HP.
        Michael Covington, a lifelong eyeglass wearer, finds the OM-1
        just adequate for use with glasses and the low-end OM's (OM-10,
        OM-F, etc.) more than adequate.  The eye relief of the OM-2,
        OM-3, and OM-4 is not so generous because Olympus added displays
        outside the picture area, requiring you to keep your eye closer
        to the camera in order to see it.

VF's are pretty personal. I was always fine with my OM-4(T(i)) VFs.

Something left out of the above quote is the actual change in magnification of VFs. Earlier single digit and all double digit bodies had VF mags of 0.92x. OM-2SP is 0.86x and OM3-4 series are 0.84x.

Side by side, this difference is obvious. I imagine they made the viewing image smaller to accommodate the LED stuff, without making the whole VF larger.

My near mint OM-4Ti lives in a brown leather original case in shelf queen splendor. I did almost all my actual shooting using OM-4 bodies with 4T innards.

No Film Nostalgia Moose