Re: [OM] Steve Schapiro

Subject: Re: [OM] Steve Schapiro
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 20:33:55 -0800
On 1/18/2022 9:59 AM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
I am not one who knows about many famous photographers but came across this:

https://loeildelaphotographie.com/en/in-memoriam-steve-schapiro-1934-2022-by-david-fahey-dv/

Nor am I up on "famous" photogs. Neva heard of 'im.

I think he must have about 6 cameras on him in the first photo.

Great shot! I really relate to the issue of having the right lens available without switching. I have often been out with two cameras around my neck and a third clipped to my belt.

(OK, OK, some of that may have been color vs. B&W and or multiple bodies with same film and FL, to avoid running out of frames at a crucial moment.)

His passing around Martin Luther King day is an interesting note.

A lot of B&W photography, guess I will have to try.

No one but you is keeping score. 😁

Although I don't have the hustle that many photogs have.

I think of photojournalism as being more journalism than photography. I have a limited interest in seeing it, and even less in doing it.

Always a photog becoming

A good thing, but I'm more interested in the photographer in Wayne that in
Wayne being some other photographer.

Horses for courses Moose