Re: [OM] IMG: Seen Around the Neighborhood

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Seen Around the Neighborhood
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 13:35:22 -0500
Thanks for the kind words, Moose.  I do try to recall your suggestions about reds.

On 10/11/21 1:32 PM, Moose wrote:
On 10/10/2021 11:26 AM, Jim Nichols wrote:
On a nice morning, I explored my local neighborhood to see what I could find. The prettiest subject I saw was a late blooming red rose that seemed to beg for a photo.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20211010-DSCF3311-Enhanced.JPG.html

Beautiful flower — and a great job of holding the red channel without clipping! If that makes it seem drabber than it looked, it's easy to perk it back up. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Nichols/LateRose.htm>

1. Brightness -15, so LCE doesn't blow the red channel!
2. LCE, UnSharp Mask, Amount 20, Radius 50, Threshold 0
3. Curves. Raise the middle just a bit, the top more.
4. Creating a layer and masking it to show the changes only on the flower is only a few clicks away. 😁

In a shady spot, I found some fungi that looked like baked goods, fresh from the oven.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20211010-DSCF3304-Enhanced.JPG.html

I don't know about baked goods, but those subtle colors are wonderful!

Looking up, I saw where a sapsucker had been sampling the juices from a Tulip Poplar.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20211010-DSCF3315-Enhanced.JPG.html

Perhaps you need to get out of your yard more often? 😁

"Red" Moose

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA