Re: [OM] IMG: Buddleia Greets Ida

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Buddleia Greets Ida
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 23:39:26 -0500
Nice improvement, Moose.

On 9/2/21 11:14 PM, Moose wrote:
On 9/2/2021 5:29 AM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
At 9/1/2021 09:43 PM, Moose wrote:

I like this kind of photo, no big subject, just a vignette of nature. 'Twere it mine, though, I'd have gone for a softer, lower contrast version, to convey the "atmosphere" of the rainy day.

Vignetting Moose
I also like such photos. I think to soften the contrast on this one, though, requires a polarizer filter to knock out the strong reflections on the leaves. Something I am always forgetting to do myself.

I think the only time a polarizer is REALLY needed is to "see through" surface reflection on water or glass.

I was thinking of something like this. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Nichols/BuddleiaRain.htm>

ShadowHighlight did most of the lifting.Things like bright reflection on leaves aren't hard.

Shadowy Moose

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA