Re: [OM] IMG: After Six Months, Pine Tree is Finally Gone

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: After Six Months, Pine Tree is Finally Gone
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2021 18:24:50 -0500
Corrected link: http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20210805-P8050338-Enhanced.JPG.html

On 8/5/21 6:18 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
In February, during an ice storm, one of my neighbor's pine trees uprooted and fell across my fence, taking out neighborhood power and fiber optic cables.  The utility company worked all night to restore power and fiber, but the tree has stayed on the fence ever since.  Yesterday, with dry yards and no pressing tree jobs, her tree service arrived to remove the tree and the large ball of uprooted dirt.

Approaching with gusto, the transporter attempted to lift the first of two tree sections.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20210805-P8050322-Enhanced.JPG.html

After several futile attempts, the crew realized they had to cut the trunk into smaller pieces.  Here is the final section of trunk being lifted over the crushed fence.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20210805-P8050322-Enhanced.JPG.html

I'm impressed with the little Lumix 20/1.7 Aspheric lens.

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA