Re: [OM] Finally! A Tiger Swallowtail for Moose.

Subject: Re: [OM] Finally! A Tiger Swallowtail for Moose.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2021 15:54:41 -0700
Definitely a special visit for Moose.  Marnie and I both liked the second image
best.

Carol thinks the first is a wow, the second, nice. Tastes vary. 😁

My exif reader did not work on the image.

That's Google Photos; they clear out EXIF and show part of it when you click on the
"i" in the circle.

Perhaps the MZ 100-400 with TC?

Pretty easy to work out from the Google info, "ƒ/9 1/250 560mm". With the TC in place, EXIF shows the adjusted f-stop and FL. Full credit to Oly for that.

It doesn't quite resolve the scales when pixel peeping but gets close.

Dependent on light, definitely there, better enhanced. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Lenses/Oly%20100-400/_7281917&1786.htm>

Working distance must be tremendous.

EXIF says 19.5 ft. That's about right. It doesn't scare off the flutterers. 😁

Considering that the lens is wide open, and through a telextender, pretty
impressive, I think!

The eastern close cousins are a bit larger and have more orange.

Yes. Jim has pointed out how shabby ours are. 😁 😉  And your dark morphs are scrumptious. Not reason enough to relocate, though.

Left Coastie Moose