[OM] IMG: Bees and Butterflies

Subject: [OM] IMG: Bees and Butterflies
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 14:28:35 -0500
Between 90 deg. temperatures and a sudden shower, I managed to tour the yard for bees and butterflies.  (Don't overlook that a 72 deg. camera lens will take about ten minutes to warm up and clear the fog when taken outdoors.)  A few Carpenter Bees were busy on the Rose of Sharon. This one took a quick break in the heat.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20210726-P7269877-Enhanced.JPG.html

Skippers come in many varieties. This one was enjoying the Buddleia blooms.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20210726-P7269893-Enhanced.JPG.html

The American Snout butterfly has a colorful black and orange top side and a dull gray underside.  I failed to get a sharp photo of the top, but did find a cooperative one that showed me the underside while resting on my Wintergreen-infested fence.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20210726-P7269902-Enhanced.JPG.html

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA