Re: [OM] IMG: Another Oldie Revisited

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Another Oldie Revisited
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2021 20:09:48 -0500
Thanks for your comments, Wayne.

On 7/24/21 7:49 PM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
At 7/24/2021 12:38 PM, Jim wrote:

I took out another manual focus lens today on my Fuji X-T2.  It is a Pentax
Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 200/4, from the 1970s.  It's biggest shortcoming is that its
closest focus distance is 2.5 meters (8.2 ft.)Â  Insects were not cooperative, so I moved
toward the bird feeder support post, where this male Purple Finch was giving me the message
that I was disturbing his snack.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20210724-DSCF2498-Enhanced.JPG.html

The lesson learned was that old guys best stick to autofocus.
I recognize that lichen. Interesting juxtaposition of the red in the bird (or
purple?) and the background. Nicely composed.

I'm with Moose, autofocus, and I'm younger than Moose. Someday I'll have to try
out bird-eye-autofocus.

WayneS

--
Jim Nichols