[OM] Nathan's PAD 17/7/2021: a portrait

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 17/7/2021: a portrait
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 19:54:28 +0200
I am now back from France after a brisk 1400 km drive yesterday, and processing
the many images. This one is a kind of retroactive PAD, since it was taken on
the 17th, and I have already posted the 18th. It is a portrait of my uncle
Joseph in his office at his house. This is where he prepares his many speeches
about his experiences during the roundup of French Jews, and when he was still
active in business, this was the heart of what I jokingly called his empire.
Today, it is decorated with what is important to him: his family most of all
(including photos taken by me, something that gives me great pleasure), but
also clippings of meetings with various dignitaries, including French Prime
Ministers and Presidents. I made several attempts at a portrait in his office,
many unsuccessful—not because he does not cooperate, he does, but because he
has a tendency to close his eyes at inopportune moments. But this one worked:

https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-4m6QbKN/A

The Stars and Stripes on his desk reflects his life-long gratitude to and love
of the United States. He has never forgotten the day in 1944 when the village
in which he was hiding from the Nazis was liberated by US troops.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I’m not arguing, I’m just explaining why I’m right"