[OM] Nathan's PAD 15-16/7/2021: the glory of France

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 15-16/7/2021: the glory of France
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2021 10:48:19 +0200
I have been somewhat silent the last few days, because we are taking our first
family vacation in ages (or so it seems). We celebrated Bastille Day on July
14th by driving the 1400 km from Alicante to Le Mans to spend a few days here,
celebrating my uncle Joseph’s 90th birthday, which is being used as an occasion
for a small family reunion—besides us and the French family, my uncle from
Florida and his daughter (my cousin) Renata, with respective spouses, are here
too. A few images from the first two days.

15/7:

Our hotel is very close to Place de la République, a large square rich in bars
and photo opportunities, just what I need:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-864S6wM/A

Joseph may be 90 but that does not slow him down too much. He recently acquired
a new partner, Nicole (he has been divorced for many years), and we played
pétanque, at which he excels, the day before yesterday. Inevitably, a dispute
arose about whose ball was closest:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-Q5k9967/A

Such disputes can only be resolved thusly:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-QL44GQ4/A

16/7:

We had a very nice lunch at a restaurant called Le Pont Rouge. The coup de
grace was the cheese board after the meal:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-cCCrBSH/A

And afterwards, we visited a school that was renamed in honour of Joseph a
couple of years ago. The school is closed for the summer break, but the
principal came, let us in, and gave us a quick tour. More details in the
caption:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-8vHPXMV/A

The stay in Le Mans continues until we drive home on Tuesday.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I’m not arguing, I’m just explaining why I’m right"