[OM] IMG: Playing with the Lightroom "Enhance" Feature

Subject: [OM] IMG: Playing with the Lightroom "Enhance" Feature
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 16:32:26 -0500
Since I first learned of the LR Enhance feature from a post on the LUG last week, the ability to increase resolution on some images has intrigued me.  To me, it works well on selected images, less so on others.   It really depends on content.

I took an airport image, cropped it slightly, applied Enhance in LR, and then went through my usual workflow. It appears to have good resolution throughout.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20210520-DSCF7419-2-Enhanced.JPG.html

I then enlarged and cropped the image to isolate the building at the right-hand edge.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20210520-DSCF7419-2-Enhanced-2.JPG.html

I believe that Enhance is a tool that will be useful to me in a number of cases.  YMMV

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA