Re: [OM] New Olympus lens and camera announced

Subject: Re: [OM] New Olympus lens and camera announced
From: Frank <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 19:17:48 +0200
I think the lens has a very nice reach. Nikon planned a DL compact camera
with the same equivalent range but canceled it to the dismay of many. That
would have been much more compact though.

The size comparison with the 7-14mm is only valid when retracted, not in
use as this lens extends when shooting, just like the 9-18mm (but without
unlock button).

So it is not small, but then you might replace two lenses with it.

Your e-p7 description is a little optimistic. It is more like an e-m10 mk
IV without the EVF, and a repackaged e-pl10 for what it is, as there is no
possibility for an external viewfinder, which the e-p2 -5 had. And it lacks
e-m5 iii features like pdaf on the sensor or photostacking, pro capture
etc. By the way it is seriously lighter then the e-pl10, which might not
be a recommendation.

Don't now where you're from, but it won't be sold outside Japan and
Europe...

But I see the lens in my future ;-)