Re: [OM] Chugach Mountains E-1 HDR

Subject: Re: [OM] Chugach Mountains E-1 HDR
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2021 13:54:09 -0700
At 5/29/2021 10:10 PM, One Shot wrote:
>On 5/27/2021 8:40 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
>>Chugach Mountains. Eagle River Nature Center. Alaska. Photo taken with
>>the Olympus E-1 and 12-60 SWD lens. 5-image (handheld) HDR processed
>>in Adobe Lightroom.
>
>Just went back to look at this again; yup looks like I recall. I like almost
>all your photos. The subject and framing are great here.
>
>But it just looks soft. Whatever the cause(s), low pixel count, processing,
>whatever, it just doesn't have the sense of detail resolved that I like in
>this sort of subject.
>
>I'm also a little befuddled by a five bracket HDR where all tonal detail is
>missing from the expanses of snow. I wonder if a better result could be done
>using just the one exposure where highlights just kiss the top of the
>histogram.
>
>Seems like every time I shoot a bracketed series for exposure, there is one
>exposure that is all I need.
>
>One Shot Moose

I would suspect that the E-1 does not have the dynamic range to do one shot.
Not sure what the cost of combining handheld images. The other question is
F-stop for that DOF and diffraction issues.

Not being a Lightroom person, to me, the ease of creating luminosity masks in
Photoshop to help control the combining would be my preferred way to go.

Nice shot though.

Speculating WayneS