[OM] Nathan's PAD 30/4/2021: Malatesta

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 30/4/2021: Malatesta
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2021 08:30:19 +0200
As of this week, bars and restaurants are allowed to stay open until about 9:30
p.m. instead of 6 p.m. as has been the case for the past months. I say “about
9:30” because the real limitation is that the patrons have to be home by 10
p.m. when the nightly curfew begins. So it is up to each establishment when
they close as long as they do it in time for that (employees can be on their
way home after 10). Anyway, these expanded hours now make it possible for me to
stop for a drink at my favourite bar, Malatesta, on my way home from work,
which exactly what I did yesterday.

The overall view of the interior. I would normally sit outside but the weather
was nice and all the outside tables were occupied. But the interior is nice
enough too. Notice all the beer taps—this is what I love about this place. They
have a great selection, including many Belgian gems like Kwak or Tripel
Karmeliet:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-BTtVMDK/A

The couple next to me asked for the colour pens to make a drawing on the wall,
thus providing me with some visual entertainment while I enjoyed my pint:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-hRHkc5x/A
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-26Hkt9m/A

I am very happy to have the bar back.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I’m not arguing, I’m just explaining why I’m right"