[OM] IMG: Covid Copenhagen

Subject: [OM] IMG: Covid Copenhagen
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 08:56:54 +0200
I spent the Easter weekend in Copenhagen. The city was still under severe Covid
restrictions despite quite low infection rates—the Danes are careful.
Restaurants and bars were all closed except for a few that found it worthwhile
to open only for takeaway, and all shopping malls were closed too.
Non-essential shops on the high street had just been allowed to re-open, but
all museums and galleries remained closed. The only reason the city does not
look completely deserted was that the weather was beautiful, drawing people out.

Also, some of the images, especially the ones of the government district
towards the end, were taken early in the morning, so naturally there are not
many people out and about.

Still, despite the restrictions, the city was beautiful:

http://www.frozenlight.eu/cph_apr2021/

The restrictions are now being lifted gradually. After Easter it became
possible to go for a haircut and such, but only with a negative Covid test (or
proof of vaccination). Similar restrictions will apply when restaurants open
later in April. The tests are free and widely available.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I’m not arguing, I’m just explaining why I’m right"