[OM] Nathan's PAD 4/4/2021: my last morning in Copenhagen

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 4/4/2021: my last morning in Copenhagen
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2021 07:22:39 +0200
On Sunday I woke up early and had time for a nice, cold and sunny morning walk
in the empty streets around the hotel.

I walk a few hundred meters towards the Danish parliament. This entrance is
called the Marble Bridge:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-gfDzXmH/A

Looking left from the Marble Bridge, there was a nice view of another bridge,
called the Storm Bridge, and the colourful houses on Nybrogade:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-DJtsHQg/A

The square in front of the Parliament building, Christiansborg Slotsplads. It
contains all three branches of government: the Parliament, the Supreme Court,
and the Queen’s representation space, used for gala dinners for visiting heads
of state (her residence, Amalienborg, is about 1 km away):
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-CP4GFTv/A

Entrance to the Queen’s part of Christiansborg Castle. When a function is
taking place, a military guard in a beautiful uniform and hat (but with a
modern assault rifle) stands in the red enclosure:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-q8pbmpt/A

It says something about Denmark that despite the security that is needed (the
big stone balls in front of the Parliament building were installed after the
various terrorist attacks around Europe in recent years using trucks or cars),
one can still walk anywhere, right up to the door of these institutions.

After my walk, I returned to the hotel, check out, took the train to the
airport and flew home to Alicante. No Covid accompanied me.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I’m not arguing, I’m just explaining why I’m right"