Re: [OM] Discount on NEW 7Artisans and TTArtisans Lenses at KEH

Subject: Re: [OM] Discount on NEW 7Artisans and TTArtisans Lenses at KEH
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 02:37:41 -0700
On 3/16/2021 3:35 PM, Wayne Harridge wrote:
Has anyone used any of these 7artisans lenses and would like to share their
opinion.  Even on ebay Oz the prices seem quite reasonable, I'm tempted by the
7.5mm fisheye.

In favor: price.

Against:

Designed for 180 diagonal AoV on APS-C. As 4/3 format is squarer and smaller,
the AoV will be less.

Not particularly sharp.

Larger and heavier than Panny 8/3.5.

MF sounds like no consequence, except that there actually is a difference for non-infinity subjects between focused and not, and a super short FL is not the easiest thing to focus manually.

No EXIF, (Perhaps only a big deal to me. It was an important factor in my sale
of the Laowa 7.5/2.)

Some users have found that the screw holding the focus ring gets loose.

If price is a big deal, fine. If not, the Panny is tiny, light, good optically.
I've enjoyed mine, bought used.

One nice thing is de-fishing a fisheye, for tight quarters ultra wide. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Lenses/Panny_8mm3dot5/StAudensFish.htm>

And for 140°+ HAoV landscape <https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipO7ltLo3SO3BhGm73vspir7va59cOTs_uZYCk9D6-Y1p2XY0CYcNC8apUYoOnHLKA/photo/AF1QipOh96GwIaKWqPuBsMvUGt9pvtZNwPUAxAQQPIkX?key=X3M0NVZ4MFo2dDhDUFVQdVlQTnlKeS1CRjZKWDh3>.

Fishy Moose