Re: [OM] Pandemic Casualty

Subject: Re: [OM] Pandemic Casualty
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 07:00:10 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I think I've only been to the one nearby once in the past year.  I rarely
met a sales person who knew what he was talking about.  Seemed to be an
employer of last resort for people who were one step away from living on the
streets or flipping hamburgers.

     If you knew what you wanted and where to find it you could occasionally
find a bargain.  But, the HP laptop I bought there for almost $900 only lasted
for three years.  Now I use these "antique" Dell Inspiron 6000 laptops that are
built like tanks.  Just bought another fully working one for just $40 total,
and it will have WinXP installed on it so that it will be fully usable.

>We had one by us, but it was about 1:15 away on a good day so not very
>convenient for me to just grab parts for a project. But from what I've been
>hearing from others, they've been headed downhill for the past few years,
>so it's not totally COVID-related.
>

>>      The electronics megastore Fry's is closing its doors.  All 31 stores
>> will begin winding down operations starting today.
>>
>> http://www.frys.com/

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson