[OM] Nathan's PAD 14/1/2021: a blast from a very distant past, or "when

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 14/1/2021: a blast from a very distant past, or "when I had hair"
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 21:45:42 +0100
One of the many gifts Santa brought my wife this Christmas was an Epson scanner
designed to scan standard drugstore family photos in bulk. You pop in a stack
of photos (up to 30, I think), press a button, and let it rip. My wife has long
wanted to digitize the many old photos we have, and she loves the scanner—for
once, a piece of equipment that actually works as advertised. Among the old
photos she came across this gem from 1978, before we had even met. It was my
senior year of high school in Denmark, and I was taking Russian as my third
foreign language (English and German were mandatory, but you could choose
Russian, French or Spanish as the third one). It was customary to make a
weeklong trip to the country whose language you were studying, so we went for a
week to Moscow and Leningrad (today St. Petersburg). I have no idea who took
this photo on the plane from Copenhagen to Moscow, and it is technically
horrible, but it is still a nice reminder of the time when I was young and the
world looked like an open road:

https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-mTzn2Pr/A

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I’m not arguing, I’m just explaining why I’m right"