Re: [OM] OT: Spanich Curfew

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Spanich Curfew
From: Nathan Wajsman <nwajsman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 06:17:45 +0100
Cc: Olympus Discussion Group <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Not particularly. The main change is not being allowed outside between midnight
and 6 a.m. except for justified reasons (medical, etc.). But I am rarely out at
those hours so it has little practical impact. The limitation of social
gatherings to 6 people from different households is a bit of a bother since it
means that we cannot invite our closest friends Eliot and Assumpta plus Eliot’s
son Lucas and his girlffriend Alejandra for lunch/dinner since that would take
us to 7. So we can get together with the older couple but not with both
couples. Other than that, life goes on normally. Importantly for me, there are
no restrictions on individual sports activity, so I can still go on my daily
bike rides.

I do foresee that if the numbers do not improve with these measures, we may be
forced to go back to working from home at some point (we have been back at the
office since 7 September). In the spring the rule was that if a company or
public institution could function with teleworking, then it should. Something
similar could happen again.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman (gmail)